[aprssig] Too many digi's ?

Patrick Green pagreen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 22:28:07 EDT 2006

Outside of most metro areas, APRS is RF horizon challenged but as traffic
gets more dense, stations ends transmitting on top of each other.  Think
about a scenario if every car had APRS in it. Aloha circles would be in
blocks instead of miles.  Dual receive sounds like a better step but it
raises the complexity.  Sometimes you can't do this at the mountain digi
because of logistics.

Perhaps the thing to concentrate on after the new paradigm is establishing
power recommendations for stations?

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.