[aprssig] Too many digi's ?

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Oct 20 22:13:15 EDT 2006

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> That is another way to do it, but the alt-input digi takes only
> the setting of the -600 offset at the digi and it's done.

But if this is a single transceiver listening on 144.990 and transmitting
on 144.390, it would be transmitting blind without listening on 144.390.
It's a nice idea, but wouldn't it really take two TNCs & two radios to do
it properly... or at least one TNC & a transceiver on 144.990 / 144.390
plus a receiver on listening on 144.390 to at least listen to see if the
frequency was clear? Of course, in busy areas, it may never be clear.
Perhaps it would be no worse than mobiles transmitting from an RF
black hole and not knowing that someone the next valley over was
already beaconing.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH