[aprssig] Too many digi's ?

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Fri Oct 20 10:53:29 EDT 2006

That may be a good idea if we had a large number of users, but with the digi's
and home stations and mobile stations, there are only about 30 stations, so we
are far from saturated. I personally think 2 high level digi's would cover the
area well and provide minimal overlap (one North-West, the other South-East of
the center of this 60x60 square); a couple of fill-in digi's (one South-West,
the other North-East) would fill out the area nicely. This would provide 2
cells, pretty close to each other. The way it is now, there are 8 cells with
major overlap, so each packet get's digi'd multiple times, even if it uses a
single hop path.