[aprssig] 144.39 quartz crystal? (was 145.39 crystal)

Art KY1K at verizon.net
Tue Oct 17 10:47:48 EDT 2006

At 01:07 PM 10/16/2006, you wrote:

>I suspect you really want 144.39, but whatever. I've been very
>happy buying my crystals from
>
>Name:        West Crystal Company
>Address:     10-2550 Acland Rd
>              Kelowna, BC V1X 7L4 CANADA
>Phone:       (250) 765-4833
>E-mail:      wcrystal at shaw.ca
>Misc.:       www.westcrystal.com
>
>They know what holders and formulas fit what radios, and provide
>better prices and service than the two big names.

OK, thanks Chris,

I was hoping for a widely available 48.13 Mhz crystal, making it
possible to build a low power FM only (stand alone, and inexpensive
non-frequency agile) transmitter for trackers and weather stations.

A 48.13 crystal makes it possible to have a single stage produce low
power on 144.39, but 48.13 is not a standard value. So, these
crystals are not cheap::>

A group buy enabling purchase of 100 units or so would make the
crystal much more reasonably priced-which is why I asked on the list.
But, there doesn't seem to be much interest within the group, even
though trackers and weather stations are becoming more popular.

I agree many would prefer a transceiver, I was interested in the
transmit only aspect.

And, yes...I did mean 144.39, the frequency in my original post was an error.

Regards,

Art