[aprssig] 145.39 quartz crystal?

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Mon Oct 16 13:07:55 EDT 2006

I suspect you really want 144.39, but whatever. I've been very
happy buying my crystals from

Name:        West Crystal Company
Address:     10-2550 Acland Rd
             Kelowna, BC V1X 7L4 CANADA
Phone:       (250) 765-4833
E-mail:      wcrystal at shaw.ca
Misc.:       www.westcrystal.com

They know what holders and formulas fit what radios, and provide
better prices and service than the two big names.

> Anybody else wish they had a cheap single frequency stand alone QRP
> transmitter  for APRS trackers and weather stations?

Needs to be a transceiver, not just a transmitter, to be channel-friendly -
but yes. I've been re-tuning Motorola MT500s, which can be had cheaply
on ebay, but the required crystal elements are harder and harder to find
(we've resorted to rebuilding them).

73 de chris K6DBG