[aprssig] More efficient use of channel capicity through shorterpackets

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Oct 13 10:53:03 EDT 2006

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Mark Earle wrote:

> Seriously, there is ingrained resistance but one could build a
> serial-based PIC or basic stamp solution to interface to any tnc.

How about a 555 timer circuit wire-OR'ed to the CD circuit of the
TNC?  It could hold off transmitting if the channel is busy OR if
it's not time to transmit yet according to the 555?  Cheap/simple.
No programming involved.

Of course I'd prefer tweaking the Tracker2 code to do the same
thing.  Even cheaper and not as ugly.