[aprssig] 9600b UHF APRS IS THE FUTURE OF APRS

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Tue Oct 10 08:25:24 EDT 2006

I have found it !

The best way to get out on aprs

http://tech-software.net/viewtopic.php?t=78

Andrew Rich
Amateur radio callsign VK4TEC
email: vk4tec at tech-software.net <mailto:vk4tec at tech-software.net>
web: http://www.tech-software.net
Brisbane AUSTRALIA

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Della Barba [mailto:joe at dellabarba.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 10 October 2006 11:07 AM
To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
Subject: Re: [aprssig] 9600b UHF APRS IS THE FUTURE OF APRS

IMHO, no.
APRS succeeded because there was tons of 2 meter 1200 bps gear sitting
around about to be thrown away. When was the last time you used 2 meter
packet to check your email? APRS brilliantly used this cheap stuff to do
something new and amazing. I am one of the many that would not likely
invest in 9600 bps equipment. My pet peeve is that there is no 10 meter
FM 1200 BPS packet frequency. For rural areas *that* is the ticket with
plenty of surplus hi power "low band" commercial stuff available.
73
N3HGB