[aprssig] 9600b UHF APRS IS THE FUTURE OF APRS

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Oct 9 11:43:51 EDT 2006

ddobbins at gmail.com wrote:

> Manufacturers should support this by focusing their product
> development, and lower their costs of 9600 baud equipment. A KPC-9+
> UHF only TNC would be great, for about $150,

And how is Kantronics supposed to insure that the TNC will only be used
on UHF ???    If it was this cheap, I'm sure some would also (horrors)
be used on 2M.....

> while the KPC-9612+ at
> $250, not $380, would be equally vundervas!.
As would be a D700 for $200 or a TS-200 for $500, but realistically it
just isn't going to happen, especially for products sold into a low
production-volume niche market.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com