[aprssig] Re: D7 and ITEM

Christopher A. Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Sun Oct 8 22:35:19 EDT 2006

Thanks, all.

Bob, the documentation I've found is ... confusing at best about the timestamp
in OBJECT. Some places say optional, some places say not - which is it?

(And I've determined that the D7 won't recognize ITEM, anyway.)

Yes, I'm using my D7 mobile with a "steath" 2m/70cm magmount that's pretty
whippy. I guess I'll have to come up with something else, though modern
swoopy/curvy cars don't have much in the way of flat areas for larger mag mounts.

For hiking, I have a 19" whip w/counterpoise, and for walking around, a Maldol
rubber ducky, all of which work better than the stock antenna.

The D7 is so close ... but has some annoying things "wrong", too.

73,
chris