[aprssig] REF: Gate Path for PK-900?

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 11:11:53 EDT 2006

On 10/8/06, Matthew Stennett <wa4tkg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I never said anything about a D700.
> This is questioning what path my TNC (in this case; a
> PK-900)
> should have to Gate PCSAT from 145.825 to 144.390
> I have RESET it from this previous suggestion, to:
> PCSAT-1 via Wide2-2, and my Local path to:
> AA4QI-1 via Wide2-2.
> My GATE Call, is: GATE.
> If this is WRONG, someone kindly recommend the CORRECT
> setting(s).

I misunderstood your first request.  I thought you were asking which
path to use to make sure your packet that you were uplinking to PCSAT
would be gated back to the terrestrial 144.39 network.  It sounds like
you want to set up as a gateway (SatGate) to gate other's packets this
way.  In that case, it is not the path you need to worry about.  All
you need to do it set up your radio to listen on 145.825 and to
transmit on 144.39.  Then enable your TNC as a digi and make sure you
have set up a digi alias of "SGATE".  That is all that is required.
Sorry, but I do not have the exact configuration commands for a
PK-900, but this should get you started.

My how-to for the D-700 explains the same process, but using a D700
instead of a PK-900.  I hope that helps!

http://aj3u.com/aprs/aj3u-10.php

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com