[aprssig] Re: APRS over TCP/IP Question (John Habbinga)

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 17:44:34 EDT 2006

On 10/5/06, scott at opentrac.org <scott at opentrac.org> wrote:
> Or in the case of a high-bandwidth EV-DO card, you risk incurring the wrath
> of your service provider.  Verizon's 'unlimited' plan is anything but, as we
> discovered the hard way.
>
> We've got a remote telemetry site (a test system for some homeland security

Another interesting thing is Verizon's EV-DO service agreement
specifically prohibits the use of their EV-DO network for remote
telemetry applications.  Why?  Don't ask me.  I had a similar
application for work and was going to use a Verizon EV-DO card until I
read that.  I doubt they would ever find out, but I couldn't take the
risk of having it shut down for that reason.

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com