[aprssig] Sigh...

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Thu Oct 5 16:24:18 EDT 2006

The Tier 2 network is operating correctly.  arizona.aprs2.net is
operating correctly and can easily be checked by accessing the status
page or doing a filtered connection.  The server software supporting
port 23 (the CWOP wx port) on arizona.aprs2.net failed a little after
1430z this morning and _ceased_ accepting connections.  If the clients
trying to connect are reporting no errors, then the client software
needs to be investigated as to a failure to connect is not reported as
an error.  In other words, the packets are not being forwarded because a
connection to the server is never being established.

Steve, if you are unable to contact the respective server sysop directly
in the future, feel free to contact me directly and I will help you
analyze the problem.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net