[aprssig] WinAPRS to work with an MFJ 1278 tnc

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Nov 23 20:22:26 EST 2006

Chris KB4CMF wrote...

> I don't hear any tones when I send packets...

I couldn't find a manual for the MFJ 1278, but I looked at the manual for
a 1270C/1274C and it indicated that the CALIBRA command was used
to get it to transmit the tones while you calibrate the output levels. Hit K
for transmit, hit the space bar to get the higher tone, and when you are
finished, Q to quit. The instructions for that TNC indicated that there
was a pot for adjusting the level. Would your 1278 be similar?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH