[aprssig] Re: Clueless Beacon on 30M HF

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Thu Nov 16 13:28:08 EST 2006

Steve WA8LMF copied on 30 meters:
Fm WB7VLW To GPSLK Via RELAY,BALDI,MISION,MOXIE,WIDE3,GATE*
$GPGGA,214910,4706.8793,N,12215.5971,W,1,06,2.1,185.6,M,-18.8,M,,*73

Ben AD7GD wrote:
> The original sender probably doesn't know he's going to HF at all.

Yes.  That packet indicates Ralph's WB7VLW TNC set with a path of
RELAY,WIDE3-3,GATE
Anybody using (or enabling use of) RELAY could improve their settings.

Ralph shows a email address on QRZ.com.
http://map.findu.com/WB7VLW* shows Ralph's stations and their raw data
indicates he also listens on 145.37 pl136.5 in PUYALLUP, WA.

Has anybody attempted to communicate with Ralph?  <I haven't yet.>
I see he could use a touch of help with his WB7VLW-7 digipath too.

Isn't it part of good amateur practice to help each other?
I sure do appreciate all the help hams have given (and will give) to me.
Thanks to all!
73, Cap KE6AFE