[aprssig] RE: VH-SJS Aeronautical mobile

Joe Della Barba joe at dellabarba.com
Fri Nov 10 09:33:57 EST 2006

In that case try an NMO mount with a quarter wave antenna. You can bend
it back to whatever angle you want. If the belly is not aluminum you
will need a metal backing plate for both the ground plane and mechanical
strength. If the airplane is fiberglass don't bother with any of this.
Make a 2 meter dipole and just fasten it inside the airplane somewhere.
73
Joe