[aprssig] N1VG-11 balloon launch

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Nov 8 15:32:13 EST 2006

scott at opentrac.org wrote:
> Probably around 100,000 feet.  I don't think any amateur balloons have made
> it much beyond 120,000.
>
> Scott
> N1VG
>

>> What altitude do you think this thing is likely to reach?
>> (I'm trying
>> to set an appropriate range of altitude color-coding for
>> UI-HeightTrack.)

 OK   I've set HeightTrack to color-code from black through
brn-red-org-yellow from 0 -100,000 feet.  This will make the tracks of
any vehicles on the desert floor come out black while the balloon should
have a vari-colored track.

Are you going to have any HF radio out there?    I think a 40 M or 60 M
NVIS dipole setup might be ideal for the distances involved.