[aprssig] pointless text in the status (was: Preparing for a long roadtrip - VA)

Richard Amirault ramirault at verizon.net
Wed May 31 22:19:32 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Bruninga"
Subject: Re: [aprssig] pointless text in the status (was: Preparing for a
long roadtrip - VA)

> But that is -half- the problem.  It assumes the recepient is "listening".
> As I posted before, of every new person I meet with a D700,
> less than half have ever heard of "Voice Alert".  ANd half of the
> half that have, admit "they dont understand it and have not
> set it up"....

> SO only 1/4th of the people that can use Voice Alert with a
> simple front panel setting, do.
(snip)

Yes, but there *are* other folks .. folks who HAVE heard about Voice Alert
.. who DO understand how it works AND how to set it up .. but DON'T USE IT
because they have no use for it.

Bob, not all hams have the same view, mindset, orientation, aims, goals ..
whatever .. as you do.

Richard Amirault                                N1JDU                Boston,
MA, USA
n1jdu.org                                   "Go Fly A Kite"