[aprssig] pointless text in the status

Dale Blanchard wa7ixk at earthlink.net
Wed May 31 14:23:01 EDT 2006

Richard Amirault wrote:

> Yes .. but .. Bob's point is to let folks know about Voice Alert who are
> NOT "listening with their volume turned up and pl set..."

You do need the volume up and the pl receive set.
You will also hear the APRS bleeps of some one with pl tx on.
I have been running into home stations sending with pl tx on.
I do not understand that.
Normally when I am in the boonies and I hear a bleep, I know there is a
mobile that also has VA on. Some times I can see him on my GPS screen.
I have never been able to contact another mobile that way tho.
WA7IXK

Dale
Nevada