[aprssig] APRS Bulletin/Announcement Format?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue May 30 11:59:28 EDT 2006

On Sat, 27 May 2006, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> The original APRS always displayed all active bulletins and
> announcments on a virtual "bulletin board" sorted by sender
> and then by line number.  THus, The sender could edit, change,
> delete individual lines in his bulletins and announcements.
> And Everyone would always see the same "virtual bulletin board"
> just like everyone else was seeing.
>
> Further, the same person's active bulletins would also appear
> generally in the same area of the board (due to the sorting
> by callsign).  This also facilitates rapid-at-a-glance human
> to human communications by pre-conditioning viewers where
> to look for typical information from the usual contributors.
>
> If someone on your team would consider an update to make
> your code support this original fundamental concept, it
> would facilitate cross platform information exchange during
> important operations.  Sounds like you are close...

I was told very nicely that I didn't know what I was talking about
w.r.t. bulletin sorting.  Hey, I admit when I'm wrong!  Here's what
the guy said:

  "For bulletins it has always sorted them into the order that Bob
   specified."

So... We have a bit less to do on Bulletins.  Like I said earlier,
I've had little interest in Bulletins until recently.  I'm learning
just like everyone else.

Thanks for pointing that out to me, you unspecified person you!