[aprssig] TEMPn-N and callsign digipeating

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue May 30 09:37:35 EDT 2006

>>> scott at opentrac.org 05/29/06 4:25 PM >>>
>Ok, makes sense.  I've already got the Tracker2 prototypes
>defaulting to digipeating on their own callsigns - I could easily
>change it to also digi on TEMPn-N.  There are (currently)
>8 digi alias slots, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Neat.  Here would be my thoughts if you had enough
input bits so that the thing can have these front panel
switches:

1) WIDE1-1...    ON/OFF
2) TEMPn-N        ON/OFF

Notes:
*  Notice that TEMPn-N digipeating requires the usual n-N
decrementing process in addition to digipeating.

* in the list above, WIDE1-1 is always included in the
  8 aliases as the default.  The user can add others, but
  WIDE1-1 is the usual.  Hence, the name of the switch
  is most meaningful as "WIDE1-1" even though that
  switch actually enables the entire list of 8 callsign
  substitution aliases. (that's why it is followed by ...).

That is the current state of the art for APRS mobile
digipeating.  OFF most of the time, but desireable
sometimes to activate WIDE1-1, and possibly to
leave TEMPn-N on all the time.

Bob