[aprssig] TEMPn-N and callsign digipeating

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon May 29 14:33:22 EDT 2006

Yes,  Here is the overall suggestion  for D700's:
1) Using a PC, Permanently set UITRACE to TEMP to support TEMPn-N
2) Using a PC, set DIGI ON  <== if it defaults to off, I forget)
3) USING APRS MENU, set UIDIGI to WIDE1-1
4) USING APRS MENU, set DIGI OFF
5) Save these APRS settings in a PM.

This way you are always a TEMPn-N digi, but are only a
WIDE1-1 digi when you specifically activate it.

de WB4APR, Bob

>>> WS5N at mindspring.com 05/29/06 1:14 PM >>>
The problem with putting WIDE1-1 in a MOBILE D700 UIDIGI list is that it will always be digipeating WIDE1-1, even during normal non-event times.  Generally speaking, we don't want a bunch of fill-in digis wandering around town.  The TEMPn alias will only activate when someone intentionally decides they need it.
--
Gary, WS5N