[aprssig] TEMPn-N and callsign digipeating

Wes johnston wes at kd4rdb.com
Mon May 29 13:28:39 EDT 2006

I was not advocating running WIDE1-1 all the time on a d700... you are
correct, we do not want bunches of them running around.... worse, people who
set and forget.  So save a PM specifically for digipeating with UIDIGI set
to WIDE1-1, otherwise don't use it.  Set your normal drive time tracker PM
so that UIDIGI is off.  The cool thing about the d700 is that 1) you can
change most settings on the fly w/o a PC, 2)with the "auto pm store" set
off, you can make changes to the radio and the radio resets back to normal
on the next power up.  The trick is to get folks with a d700 to make sure
that thier default profile does not containUIDIGI WIDE1-1.  They can change
it as needed, and it goes away the next time they shut the radio off.  This
just seems so much easier than having to reprogram radios and/or trackers
with a PC when we need them most.

Wes