[aprssig] APRS spouse

Roger Hammond rahammond at charter.net
Sun May 28 11:50:32 EDT 2006

I would imagine this subject has probably been beaten to death and has as
many gray areas as a black & white photo, but here goes...
Is it legal to run an APRS tracker in an unlicensed spouses vehicle? For
that matter, the one in my vehicle runs 24/7 (KC0MWM-9) and if she were to
drive my vehicle it would be running.
I'm also involved in Amateur Radio High Altitude Ballooning and essentially
the tracker on board the balloon payload is no different.

I'm curious what everyone thinks about the legalities of this type of
operation.

Comments and suggestions?

Roger KC0MWM
www.cnnsp.org