[aprssig] EB-432/PCSAT2/APRS Question

hasan schiers schiers at netins.net
Fri May 26 10:58:53 EDT 2006

Are you adjusting for doppler, or are you just letting it sit unattended?

I get quite a few more decoded packets than you are indicating with my D700
in the house sitting on 435.280 with a dual band j-pole at 60' with 110' of
LMR-400 and no preamp. I do not do doppler correction, so I deliberately set
the vfo 5 khz high to catch the early part of a pass. If you set it dead
center, that is the fastest point of relative motion for an overhead pass,
and the signal won't be in the passband very long. If you choose a lower
pass  the doppler rate is lower, so if you pick the freq judiciously, you
can maximize the number of possible packets in the passband, BUT you have to
set the VFO freq higher due to doppler (in the early part of a pass).

73,

...hasan, N0AN