[aprssig] EB-432/PCSAT2/APRS Question

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Fri May 26 10:01:29 EDT 2006

Afternoon,

I changed the radio modem to a hardware 9600 baud modem last night.
Results

Orbit 42970, max elevation 14deg
Position	AZ
AOS	204
MAX	167
LOS	82

No decoded packets

Orbit 42917, max elevation 48 deg
Position	AZ
AOS	243
MAX	144
LOS	80

No Decoded packets

Orbit 42972, max elevation 82

Position	AZ
AOS	269
MAX	161
LOS	93

1 Decoded packet (normal telemetry)

Orbit 42973, max elevation 42

Position	AZ
AOS	281
MAX	183
LOS	121

8 Decoded packets, 6 Telemetry, 2 normal telemetry

Orbit 42794, max elevation 10
Position	AZ
AOS	276
MAX	194
LOS	162

10 Decoded packets, 9 Telemetry, 1 normal telemetry

Thats more Solar cell data than I've decoded in over a month. I can
only assume that they made it into the APRS-IS system correctly.  I'm
not sure why the 80 degree pass didn't result in more data.  I can
only surmise that the other antenna that are on the chimney are
interfering/blocking the signals to a northerly direction (a 5.8Ghz
wire Dish), which would be consistent with the results.

I'm also wondering whether the software modem had actually just
'hung'.  I never checked that before I swapped over to the hardware
modem.  I'll swap back tonight and see how it works after being re-
started.

Regards
de John
EI7IG