[aprssig] D700A still relevant

hasan schiers schiers at netins.net
Wed May 24 15:40:48 EDT 2006

I have two and find the capabilities very useful, even in the shack. It is
only because I had the extra D700 laying around that I became a sat gate for
PCSAT2. While half the radio is tied up with PCSAT2, the other half is
available for casual 2m/70cm fm chatting. Best of both worlds, and not
another radio on the market that could do this job.

Wishes and shortcomings aside, it is one of the best purchases I ever made.
Very few of them fail, and they do what they were designed for reliably and
well. They aren't the best radio for every possible application (read heavy
duty KISS), but for what they were intended to do, they are top notch.

...hasan, N0AN