[aprssig] D700A still relevant

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue May 23 16:26:46 EDT 2006

Neil (callsign) wrote...

> Is it worth investing in a a D700? or am I better off buying a regular
> dual band radio, and an additional 2M rig for use with a TT3 ?

If all you want to do is beacon a position, bet a 2M rig and a TT3 or
whatever. If you want to send and receive messages, view the positions of
other stations and weather reports, a D700 would be nice to have. You can do
a lot more with a laptop, but for most people it would be pretty hard to
beat the convenience of what the D700 can do. If you add a large-screen GPS
that is capable of displaying other stations as waypoints, it should be
almost as good as having UI-View running on a laptop!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH