[aprssig] APRS in Washington, Oregon, BC, Banff

Randy Pence rpence at 2khiway.net
Mon May 22 13:45:22 EDT 2006

Hello

I am going to be spending the last two weeks in July in Wa, Org, BC and
Banff. I would like to run APRS in the rental car. I would like to keep
equipment to a minimum. Would I be able to consistently work digies with
5 watts from a D7AG and a quarter wave mag mount? I have a 30 watt RS
amplifier I could take along but do not wish to pack if not needed. What
would be the correct Unproto to use for reliable communications so the
friends back home could keep up with me on Find You?

Feel free to respond back directly as I receive the  list in digest mode.

Thanks for any help: Randy Pence KD4JZY