[aprssig] New-N Paradigm Works!

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Fri May 19 11:17:56 EDT 2006

With UIDIGI-ROM firmware you can trap these 8  'calls' using the N=3
configuration example at http://dxspots.com/FIX14439_UIDIGI-ROM.html
WIDE4-4,WIDE5-5,WIDE6-6,WIDE7-7,WIDE5-4,WIDE6-5,WIDE6-4,WIDE7-6 which
unfortunately means that a path of, for example, WIDE7-5 is acceptable.

With the KPC3+ you are limited to just 4 calls.
WIDE4-4,WIDE5-5,WIDE6-6,WIDE7-7 which unfortunately means that a path of
WIDE7-6 is acceptable.

And there are other ways to circumvent the limits with these digi's
which a few minutes of thought will reveal.

I had hoped that Marco Savegnago IW3FQG would have issued a new paradigm
version of UIDIGI so we would not have to make do with half measures,
but so far this has not happened.  Ill bring it to his attention again.

But since the bulk of digipeaters are probably KPC3+'s (I am guessing
here....) new code is needed for them as well.  It seems unlikely that
will happen.  Could someone encourage Kantronics, or would that be hopeless?

I am speculating that one of the PC based digipeaters has been updated
to properly handle the new paradigm, but there is a need for a stand
alone digi to do this.  I seem to recall that Scott N1VG is working on one?

If we had digi's that fully implemented the new paradigm users would
have to change or be left in the dark.

Ron Stordahl, N5IN