[aprssig] New-N Paradigm Works!

Richard Montgomery kb4ytm at gmail.com
Fri May 19 10:33:24 EDT 2006

Stan is correct on stations in TX and OK not setup correctly. I get
stations and digi's from those areas all the time running WIDE5 and
greater paths. We also get lots of IN and KY stations running WIDE4 or
greater. I have seen a few Dayton bound travelers this week with RELAY
and other outdated paths also.

The best email response I got was a digi owner in TX. He said he was
running his digi unproto path of WIDE5-5 so his mobile stations would
get out better. Oh well..  I sent a reply back trying to explain but
never got a response back.

Like Stan, I also keep lots of logs online. I have nearly a years worth
so far. Just follow these links below. This is from my home station,
running a j-pole on the corner of my house. I can usually hear 3 local
digi's direct 95% of the time, so its a fairly good indicator of how
much traffic is flowing through this area (West TN, approx halfway
between Memphis and Nashville).

APRS Traffic counter (today's count)
http://richdea5.no-ip.org

APRS Traffic counter history