[aprssig] New-N Paradigm Works!

J T w0jrt at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 07:53:54 EDT 2006

I'll echo John's comment: Can you identify the Kansas digi's that have bad configurations?  The K0SUN network is all upgraded (at least I think it is) but in most cases they are using KPC-3+ TNCs so they will stop WIDE7-7, 6-6, 5-5, and 4-4 if heard directly but won't stop anything with WIDE7-x that start in Texas.  I see that a few of the K0SUN-* stations have the paths in their own position report packets screwed up.  I'll let the appropriate people know.

It appears that KC0PID-7 is not upgraded.  It's still using UIFLOOD instead of UITRACE for WIDE.

-Jerome, W0JRT

Stan - N0YXV <n0yxv at gihams.org> wrote: I haven't done a real study of packets in my area but from what I've seen
you have a much larger success rate. While most of what I see in Nebraska is
New-N a lot of the WIDE digis's south of me in Kansas, and Oklahoma are not.
Small coverage Digi's are more likely to be New-N. I'm getting packets on a
regualar basis from Texas that start WIDE7-7 or WIDE5-5. I've emailed
several of them but I either get no responce, email bounced (because it's
not correct on QRZ) or a lack of understanding of why Texas Packets in
Nebraska aren't a good thing. Good news is that I haven't gotten any hate
mail back. :-) Oh and by the way several of the Digi's (that I've seen) that
have icon's claiming to be New-N Digi's simply aren't New-N.