[aprssig] DXCluster to APRS-RF

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu May 18 14:22:15 EDT 2006

>>> steve at dimse.com 05/18/06 11:13 AM >>>
>The problem... goes something like this... ham googles
>his own call, finds a page that says "Position of W9XYZ", looks at
>it, and is either concerned that there is a web page with his
>location, that the location is in the wrong place, or both.
> It forces   me to waste time explaining ....

I agree completely.  That is why APRS was designed from
the beginning to support position ambiguity so that no
position was displayed with any more precision than is
known by the sender.

A simple fix would be to adjust the ambiguity parser in  FINDU
so that it does not allow a zoom below the scale at which
the ICON is smaller than the transmitted ambiguity.  That
would eliminate at least that area of missrepresentation.

or someething like that
Bob, WB4APR