[aprssig] Re: DFing voice on 144.39 in NOVA

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue May 16 22:37:41 EDT 2006

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> The VOX controlled signal speaking Voice APRS reports on
> 144.39 in the Wash DC area has been narrowed down to
> about a mile using the APRS Omni Signal Strength reports.
> This was later confirmed with a beam on a mobile.  Somewhere
> very near the Landover Metro.

Ah... I was just wondering if it was timed or VOX or whatever in a message
sent a few minutes ago. I'm reading backwards towards older un-read
messages. Is any of the speech intelligible? Maybe someone close by could
make a call on various VHF frequencies or even HF and see if they hear
their audio coming back via the VOX... or not. If it's tracked down to
within a mile or less, it would be nice to actually ID the station instead
of just having it shut down just when you are getting close!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH