[aprssig] Re: DFing voice on 144.39 in NOVA

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat May 13 17:35:02 EDT 2006

The DF plot on the voice signal on 144.39 in the Wash DC
area is proceeding.  I was on youth trip to DC today and
heard it while mobile at RT50 and the Beltway.
See the updated plot:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/dfing.html

Actually, since almost none of the APRS clones except for
APRSdos and XASTIR plot this stuff anymore, maybe
the best thing is for somone to make it an application
on FINDU or APRSWORLD.   Then any APRS station can
make reports anywhere there is a DF search going on,
and then we can zoom in on this Omni-DF-plotter and
see the result as we are doing here manually.

Anyone can make an OMNI signal report by changing the
P in their PHG to a signal S (0-9) and changing "PHG"
to "DFS".  Done.   Or anyone can make a report for someone
else's voice report by placing an OBJect on the map as
I have done here.

Just a thought.  It would be a REAL resource to the
Amateur Community!

Bob, Wb4APR