[aprssig] Radiation Readings

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Thu May 11 18:44:45 EDT 2006

> What device are you using to measure these readings and what type of
> output does the device offer?  You could probably hook it into an
> OpenTracker in the form of telemetry somehow.

The really quick and dirty way would be to turn on the OpenTracker's counter
input, and hook the IRQ line up to the output of my Mr. Fission project.  It
actually uses the same processor as the OpenTracker, and expects counts to
arrive on the IRQ pin.  Just set the beacon rate to once per minute, with
counter reset on transmit, and you've got a counts-per-minute reading.

Maybe one of these days I'll get around to improving the HV regulator and
make a kit out of the counter...

Scott
N1VG