[aprssig] Radiation Readings

Ron Wenig ny3j at comcast.net
Thu May 11 18:24:41 EDT 2006

Hi All,

A fellow ham approached me about a project he is thinking about.  He would
like to monitor radiation readings and transmit them via packet.  I thought
that it would be an excellent application for APRS.  Not only could you
track a vehicle but you could also post radiation readings with the posit.
It would be a good capability for ARES/RACES emergency communications to be
able to do.  I know there is a way to transmit telemetry via APRS.  Is there
a way to transmit other data such as radiation readings.

73, Ron ny3j at comcast.net