[aprssig] APRSD with programmable filters

g7iii at g7iii.net g7iii at g7iii.net
Thu May 11 15:42:18 EDT 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 04:45:53PM -0700, Phillip B. Pacier wrote:

> Robbie, wa9inf wrote:
> >Bill Vodall WA7NWP wrote:
> >

> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I'm trying to use APRSD with the programmable filters to fetch some
> >>specific upstream data.  Currently I can't get filters to work and I
> >>was wondering if anybody has it running?  The login works but the
> >>filter string isn't uploaded.
> >>
> >>This is using the stock aprsd from SourceForge .
> >>
> >>Here's the command string I"m trying to use.  I probably have some
> >>comma out of place somewhere.
> >>
> >>server1 = "rotate.aprs2.net,14580,server-sr,a/49/-125/45/-117
> >>p/KD7CAO p/WB4APR"
> Try adding the word "filter" before the filter settings:
>
> server1 = "rotate.aprs2.net,14580,server-sr,filter a/49/-125/45/-117
> p/KD7CAO p/WB4APR"

I thought that aprsd didnt support JavAPRS style filtering, not seen
the above syntax before, so I wrote a patch to add the functionality.
See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=356081

Its against the Debian source, but should probably apply to the
sourceforge code as well, as I think they are quite similiar
code bases

Iain