[aprssig] Re: PHG in APRS and Xastir?

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu May 11 12:04:33 EDT 2006

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> I dont follow the logic of your comment....
> - PHG is power, height and gain.
> - most hams should know their power and
> - their height and their approximate gain

Maybe the real problem with PHG is in displaying it as a circle on a map.
Maybe PHG should be just that... power height gain and no circle on a map.
Or maybe the circle should reflect height and gain only for DFing purposes.
If you are trying to track a signal down, the P in PHG doesn't have anything
to do with what a particular station can hear... it's just a factor on how
far its own signal can be heard.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH