[aprssig] BPSK decoding

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Wed May 10 04:45:42 EDT 2006

Hi Scot.

Texas Instruments used to (may still do) a DSP evaluation kit for
affordable monnies, that there was code avalable for to use as a PSK31
modem (both BPSK and QPSK).  It talked to the host PC (in DOS mode) with
plain old RS232.  I forget the exact details, but I have one at home,
and it worked very well the last time I used it.

That's as near a hardware decoder as you can get I think.  No doubt
something like the dsPIC could do the same, and as a tracker at the same
time.

Nowerdays, for shack use, PC's and soundcards get used of course.

Dave G0WBX.