[aprssig] Re: I'm gonna drill....Right tool for the job..

John Gleichweit smokeybehr at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 5 20:13:08 EDT 2006

Yes. The mount is designed for use with a 3/4" hole. The underside flange,
and the topside button fit a 3/4" hole.

If you have extra time, and you want a waterproof mount, once you tighten
the mount down, put a small bead of silicone down around the outside of the
mount, wait about 2 hours, then put the antenna on. If there's any
squeezeout, leave it to cure for 24 hours, then cut it with a razor knife,
being careful not to scratch the paint underneath.
--
John "Smokey Behr" Gleichweit FF1/EMT, CCNA, MCSE
IPN-CAL023 N6FOG UP Fresno Sub MP183.5 ECV1852