Fw: [aprssig] Re: I'm gonna drill....Right tool for the job..

Brian Webster bwebster at wirelessmapping.com
Fri May 5 18:11:05 EDT 2006

If you are using the 3/8" mount that is not considered an NMO mount. That is
considered a Larsen or PL-259 type connection. The NMO is a specific
reference to the original Motorola design with the 3/4" hole. I would echo
what others have said, use the right NMO hole saw for the job. In all my
vehicles or the last 17 years (about 30 different mounts) I have never had
one leak or rust after using the proper tools and methods for installation.

Thank You,
Brian N2KGC