[aprssig] Setting up A WIDE1-1 FILL-IN Digipeater

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed May 3 08:17:11 EDT 2006

Wiliam,
I did not keep the prior thread on this email, but you only
put WIDE1-1 in MYALIAS on a very old TNC that does not
have a UIDIGI list or as in the case of PacComm TNC's
which has 3 additional aliases.  The point is, that if the
TNC has callsign substitution capabiliity, then WIDE1-1
needs to go into that parameter (UIDIGI LIST usually).

If you put it in the MYALIAS, then your radio will not
callsign substitue and we wont know what digipeated
the packet.  If it is in UIDIGI LIST, then the radio will
subsititue its call.

Bob

>>> "William McKeehan" <mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net> 05/02/06 4:28 PM >>>
Are you saying that I should put WIDE1-1 in the UIDIGI list and not the MYALIAS?

I did not have anything set in UIFLOOD - I followed the directions from your
page, starting with a RESET to go back to factory settings.

--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU
Internet: mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
http://mckeehan.homeip.net

Leave the beaten track occasionally and dive into the woods.
Every time you do so you will be certain to find something that you have never
seen before.
     - Alexander Graham Bell