[aprssig] extra license question

Ken Cechura kc9umr at freqradio.com
Mon May 1 22:58:30 EDT 2006

Technically, the EMT shouldn't be the person controlling the radio without a
licensed ham at the controls, if I'm not mistaken...

HIPAA issues might keep an EMT from sending medical info across the radio
(theoretically in an emergency situation, it MIGHT be OK, so long as no
identifying information besides age and sex about the patient is
transmitted).

Since it's NOT an emergency situation, and just a walk-a-thon, there
probably wouldn't be any reason for the EMT to use amateur radio over their
own communication protocols anyway...

I really can't see what reason there could be that B wouldn't be possible...
But I'm sure there's something I don't know....