[aprssig] Favorite Tracker

Herb Gerhardt hgerhardt at wavecable.com
Mon May 1 16:14:36 EDT 2006

Bill,

If you don't want to take a chance of wrecking your D7A, then stick it in
your backpack instead of mounting it on the bike.  I keep mine in my
backpack inside one of those soft neoprene soda bottle boots (available at
Wal-Mart for a couple of bucks), with my Super Duck antenna and a remote
mike which is under my arm pit for easy access.  The GPS is also in my
backpack with a remote Trimble antenna tapped to the backpack shoulder strap
so it always has a good view of the sky.  I use this setup while
backpacking, day hiking, skiing and hunting.  It has worked well for me and
you can even protect it all further by putting it into a plastic bags during
the rainy season.

Herb, KB7UVC
NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator
Our WEB Site:  http://www.nwaprs.info