[aprssig] Alinco DR-135TP

Mark Earle wa2mct at mearle.com
Mon May 1 11:28:55 EDT 2006

I would also note that this is indeed "dumb" tracker operation - it braps
out a NMEA string every minute as set below.

The operator must rember to turn the transmitter OFF when stationery. Also,
this is the least- efficient method of transmitting position.

I might recommend a Tiny - Track or Open - Tracker if not desiring to use a
computer. Tiny-Track will use compressed packets (more efficient over the
air), and, the packets transmit more often at higher speeds, less often at
lower, helping keep the tracker "on the map" but producing less clutter on
the RF channel.

But, certainly to get started, the settings from Stan, and the radio set to
brap every minute (or perhaps 2 mins) will indeed provide basic tracker
functionality without a computer.

       ) )    de WA2MCT Mark
      ( (     Echolink 99190      Grid Square EL17HQ
       ) )    You will be assimilated... oooh, coffee!!
    _|****|   http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?wa2mct-7 Home
   ( |    |   http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=wa2mct-9 Mobile
    `|____|   wa2mct at mearle.com  wa2mct at juno.com  wa2mct at arrl.net