[aprssig] ARRL Web Site Propagating Out-Of-Data APRS Into

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Thu Mar 30 23:14:26 EST 2006

Well, yes, but could easily be better.  Hope you mentioned the following to
them, Bob.
At that site,  http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/aprs/pos-reporting.html
They now have half right.  They say:
"a good starting path for a fixed station is: APRS VIA WIDE2-2 "
And that's fine.
But then they add:
"For mobile applications it is common practice to insert the digipeater
WIDE1-1 so that our final path is: APRS VIA WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 "

And that's an extra hop!  One too many for a routine mobile default!
APRS VIA WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 is better.
But it _is_ impressive how quickly they're updating to help us.  Thanks!
73, Cap KE6AFE