[aprssig] An Anniversary Cheer for Stephen Smith

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Tue Mar 28 18:24:55 EST 2006

Lance:

High digi's also must respond to WIDE1-1, thus when the initial packet
of WIDE1-1,WIDE3-3 is heard by a high digi, which will typically be the
most common case, it will repeat it with WIDE1-1 used up, but followed
by WIDE3-3 which will provide for three additional hops.  Thus
WIDE1-1,WIDE3-3 is in most cases a 4 hop path for the current
configuration of digi's in a N=3 area.  And thus the limit has been broken.

Ron, N5IN