[aprssig] Re: Tracker Smart Pathing: user types,alternatives

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Fri Mar 24 12:58:50 EST 2006

Yes Bob.  That's EXACTLY what I mean.  Let the user decide...

However, allow the network do the job of actually routing and carrying
the data as it sees fit at that time, so as to do what was requested,
regardless of if they want a wide RF only broadcast, get to an Igate,
one specific user, (or group of users) or just Local Tactical use.

Yes, the user specifies what they want, the system just does it, no
messing about with WIDE1-1,WIDE3-2, 5-5, 7-7, RELAY Trace or whatever.
You can even have it by default not do any tracing and call substitution
(Long packets only add to the QRM of course) but allow it if wanted for
diagnostic purposes, much like the IP Traceroute command.

It's not exactly rocket science, well, using satellites may come
close....

Going home now, end of the week...

Do not reply direct to this one, I wont see it till Monday if you do,
just let the list liven up a bit, I'll catch it all in the digests.

Dave G0WBX.