[aprssig] Re: Tracker Smart Pathing: user types, alternatives

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Fri Mar 24 11:09:35 EST 2006

> > Do any digipeaters use last-known position reports
> > as a means of deciding which packets to repeat?
>
> Digipeaters digipeat based on the path specified. Modifications can be done
> to the path by software-based digis, but I'm not aware of any that decide
> which packets to repeat based on the position of the originating station.

We have "geographic based digipeating" on the dream list for digi_ned.
The idea was that a high area digi should respond to packets that it hears
from "way out there in the islands" but ignore packets from the busy metro area
that's well covered by other low angle digis.

Too many projects...

73
Bill - WA7NWP