[aprssig] Re: Tracker Smart Pathing: user types, alternatives

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Mar 24 07:17:10 EST 2006

Chris W0EP wrote...

> Do any digipeaters use last-known position reports
> as a means of deciding which packets to repeat?

No, but properly configured IGates will send messages to "local" stations
based on where they were last heard. Local is as defined by the IGate
operator... anywhere from "heard direct" to several hops away depending on
what digis and other IGates are around them.

Digipeaters digipeat based on the path specified. Modifications can be done
to the path by software-based digis, but I'm not aware of any that decide
which packets to repeat based on the position of the originating station.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH